Hi there,

We wrote our own captive portal, which allows the user to get verified
by social networks. For this reason we give him temporary access first
so he can reach the social network login pages.

But now we have the problem that he can not be directed back to the
captive portal as long as he as the temporary Internet access. The
reason is that DNS resolution of captive portal (i.e. PF server) does
not work anymore.

Because we are using a public DNS server, we can not add the captive
portal IP (which is a local one in the LAN) to this DNS.

Is  there a way to tell Packetfence to continue trapping and resolving
DNS requests of the captive portal's name, as long as we grant temporary
Internet access to the user?
This would solve our problem.

Or is there another way to resolve the PF name without using a local DNS?

Best regards,
Till