pf.conf.default is the default config, so remove the stuff you added in
pf.conf and copy and paste that:

[database]
#
# database.pass
#
# Password for the mysql database used by PacketFence.
pass=packet
#
# database.db
#
# Name of the mysql database used by PacketFence.
db=pf
#
# database.user
#
# Username of the account with access to the mysql database used by
PacketFence.
user=pf

in pf.conf (btw change with your correct parameters).

Le 2017-01-06 à 09:51, Tony Bray a écrit :
> [...]
> pass=packet
> #
> # database.db
> #
> # Name of the mysql database used by PacketFence.
> db=pf
> #
> # database.user
> #
> # Username of the account with access to the mysql database used by
> PacketFence.
> user=pf
>
> because  it fail to start and say :
> janv. 06 15:48:04 pfcmd[6674]: WARNING - unknown configuration
> parameter database.user.type if you added the parameter yourself make
> sure it is present in conf/documentation.conf
>
> I really don't know what i'm doing wrong here...
> If it can help, i work on a virtualbox VM running on debian 8 with
> PacketFence 6.4
> Ty for your help
> Tony

> <mailto:fdur...@inverse.ca>>:
>
>     Hello Tony,
>
>     check pf.conf.default to see the correct syntax.
>
>     Regards
>
>     Fabrice
>

>     Le 2017-01-06 à 06:54, Tony Bray a écrit :
>>      Hello
>>     I'm having an issue with packetfence configuration
>>     i tryied to put mysql credentials in conf/pf.conf like ths :
>>     [database.host]
>>     localhost
>>     [database.port]
>>     3306
>>     [database.db]
>>     pf
>>     [database.user]
>>     user
>>     [database.pass]
>>     password
>>
>>     and when i launch packetfence it fail and say  :
>>     systemctl status packetfence.service -l
>>     ● packetfence.service - PacketFence Service
>>        Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/packetfence.service; enabled)
>>        Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since ven. 2017-01-06
>>     12:52:09 CET; 8s ago
>>       Process: 6201 ExecStart=/usr/local/pf/bin/pfcmd service pf
>>     start (code=exited, status=255)
>>
>>     janv. 06 12:52:03 srvnac systemd[1]: Starting PacketFence Service...
>>     janv. 06 12:52:04 srvnac pfcmd[6201]: Smartmatch is experimental
>>     at /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/cluster.pm <http://cluster.pm> line 588.
>>     janv. 06 12:52:09 srvnac pfcmd[6201]: /usr/local/pf/conf/pf.conf
>>     cannot be loaded at /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/config/cached.pm
>>     <http://cached.pm> line 365.
>>     janv. 06 12:52:09 srvnac pfcmd[6201]: service|command
>>     janv. 06 12:52:09 srvnac systemd[1]: packetfence.service: control
>>     process exited, code=exited status=255
>>     janv. 06 12:52:09 srvnac systemd[1]: Failed to start PacketFence
>>     Service.
>>     janv. 06 12:52:09 srvnac systemd[1]: Unit packetfence.service
>>     entered failed state.
>>
>>     I don't know if i made something wrong in pf.conf or somewhere
>>     else so if you can help me it will be great

Fabrice Durand