> On Apr 28, 2017, at 5:25 PM, Sokolowski, Darryl <ds...@earthcolor.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, ok, now I understand what Fabrice meant about haproxy terminating the ssl
> tunnel. Thanks for that explanation.
> Sorry, I didn’t pick that up right away.
>
> I changed var/conf/haproxy.conf to point at my certificates, and every time I
> restart the service, it rewrites haproxy.conf file back to using server.pem.

That's the expected behaviour.
That file is actually generated based on your configuration, every time your
start the service.

> So reading your response again, it sounds like my concatenated certificate
> might need to be named ‘server.pem’.
> If I rename my certificate to ‘server.pem’, it works as desired.
> Is that the way to do it? Or am I still off-base?

That's the way to go.

> ‘server.pem’ won’t get overwritten by an ugrade?

This is what the packetfence.spec file does:

#Make ssl certificate
if [ ! -f /usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.crt ]; then
    openssl req -x509 -new -nodes -days 365 -batch\
        -out /usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.crt\
        -keyout /usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.key\
        -nodes -config /usr/local/pf/conf/openssl.cnf
    cat /usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.crt /usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.key >
/usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.pem
fi
So as long as you have a file named  "/usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.crt" it
won't overwrite the server.pem.

I agree that this should be configurable.
I'm adding it to the whishlist for 7.1 or 7.2.

Regards,
--
Louis Munro
lmu...@inverse.ca <mailto:lmu...@inverse.ca>  ::  www.inverse.ca