Hello Bebbet,

when a printer is connected in a switch port , if there is no 802.1x
supplicant then the switch will use Mac Auth (MAB), packetfence will put
the device in the registration vlan.

Because you configured a violation to autoregister printers (like the
violation 1100007) when packetfence will receive a dhcp request and
recognise the device then it will auto reg it and put it in the correct
role (like printer role).

Le 2017-06-12 à 08:15, Bebbet van Dinges via PacketFence-users a écrit :
> Hello Fabrice,
>
> can you give an example? or point me to some documentation where it is
> documented?
>
> Bebbet
>
> On 9-6-2017 14:26, Fabrice Durand via PacketFence-users wrote:
>> Hi Hello Kehinde,
>>
>> MAB is exactly what you need , also for that create a violation that
>> will autoreg printer, it will be easier than vlan filters.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Fabrice
>>

>> Le 2017-06-08 à 07:51, Akala Kehinde via PacketFence-users a écrit :
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> Hallo guys,
>>>
>>> Want to knw if it's possible to do MAB authentication for non-manageable
>>> devices like printers.
>>> Don't want to do Hybrid setup, prefer OOB setup instead.
>>>
>>> Or is it possible to define a VLAN filter that auto-registers these
>>> devices
>>> and assigns them a registered role?
>>>
>>> Something like this:
>>>
>>> [hp_printers]
>>> filter = node_info.mac
>>> operator = regex
>>> value = ^(00:04:0d|84:83:71|00:07:3b|00:09:6e).*
>>> [autoreg:hp_printers]
>>> scope = AutoReg
>>> role = devices
>>>
>>> The regex values, any tool out there to match full MAC address?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Kehinde
>>> Regards,