Hi folks,

We have a new student who cannot seem to get onto our PF controlled wifi since
her mobile phone
keeps randomising its MAC address. It appears this feature is hard coded into
the phones OS and
cannot be disabled. The only way we can see to fix this is to register every
one of the 65535 MAC addresses
the device could be using to the user’s ID but this sees dangerously cludgy to
me.

Has anyone else come up with a potential fix for this as it completely breaks
PF and other MAC based registration systems.

Andrew

Andrew Torry

Senior Infrastructure Engineer

Tel: 01326 370760

Email: andrew.to...@fxplus.ac.uk

[cid:image1770dc.PNG@99cbdc99.42844c29]
        [Falmouth Exeter Plus]
[cid:image885a4a.PNG@cdfbfc6e.4489c125]

        [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/falmouthexeter>          [Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/falmouthexeter>            [Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/falmouthexeterplus/>             [YouTube]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-Jq4vTOhWgYoJJDYrZHWw>

[cid:image80217a.PNG@ccd200b7.49951c1b]

[Falmouth University]

Falmouth Exeter Plus is an exempt charity established by Falmouth University
and the University of Exeter to deliver their shared Higher Education services
in Cornwall.