Hello Jason,

Le 2017-11-21 à 23:40, Jason Sloan a écrit :
> Fabrice,
>
> Totally understand being busy. Thanks for the reply. I was actually
> able to get this working a few hours ago, and hadn't had time to post
> a reply. I'm not sure what did it, perhaps adding "strip" to the realm
> options because the radius stripped name for hosts is host/<FQDN> -
> this likely accomplishes the same thing that you suggested but in a
> different manner. To be completely clear I couldn't find a normalize
> option but I did see: "RADIUS machine auth with username - Use the
> RADIUS username instead of the TLS certificate common name when doing
> machine authentication." Just to verify, this is the option you are
> suggesting, correct?

Yes this is the option, it will use the attribute User-Name
(host/DESKTOP-6U152VD.mydomain.local) instead of the attribute
TLS-Client-Cert-Common-Name  (DESKTOP-6U152VD.mydomain.local) , so
User-Name will match with the AD attribute servicePrincipalName.

Also / is not considered as a separator of a REALM in Freeradius so i am
not sure that strip fixed the issue.

> One other thing I noticed in the authentication  request is the REALM
> is coming up as "NULL." Is this normal for RADIUS authenticated EAP-TLS?
For machine authentication, yes this is normal but i think it should be
possible to do a hack like we did in PacketFence Multidomain.
When the username is host/DESKTOP-6U152VD.mydomain.local then set the
realm as mydomain.local and try to authenticate on the sources where
mydomain.local is defined.

> Much of the info I was reading from the listserv also had included
> adding source or sources to the realm, this is not available in the
> GUI, is this a .conf feature only or a feature of PF 6.x that was
> deprecated?
Now in PacketFence you defined in the source the realm associated,
before it was in the realm configuration where you defined the only
source associated.

> Thanks,
> -Jason

Fabrice Durand