Hello All,

just to clarify some points.

First realmd can't be used because we have to use ntlm_auth in
Freeradius to authenticate user for eap/peap mschap v2.

Next, Configuration → Policies and Access Control → Domains → Active
Directory Domains – Add Domain is only to join the machine to a windows
domain (it create a chroot for each domains).

Configuration → Policies and Access Control → Domains → Realms is to
associate a realm to a windows domain, it mean that if the username is
b...@acme.edu then if there is a realm define for acme.edu then it will
use the domain associated to it to validate the credentials (In Freeradius).

Don't forget that the username can be ACME\bob , so you will need to
create a realm ACME too.

Last thing, in Configuration → Policies and Access Control →
Authentication Sources (Type Internal) when you define a realm
associated to a source (like acme.edu)  then it mean that if you use on
the portal or for 802.1x auto registration a username like b...@acme.edu
then PacketFence will use it (you can strip the username if needed in
the source).

Le 2018-01-07 à 19:32, E.P. via PacketFence-users a écrit :

> I’m curious, did you create a new realm or used the default one and
> linked it to AD ?
>
> I tried to create a new realm and it is placed in the end of the list
> and the authentication never reached it.
>
> It only worked to me if I link the default realm to AD
>

> Eugene

Fabrice Durand
fdur...@inverse.ca ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x135) ::  www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence