Hello Derek,

it looks that we got issue on the mailling list , does it works now ?

Regards

Fabrice

Le 2018-02-16 à 09:22, Derek Brabrook via PacketFence-users a écrit :
My bad I found the "no station" in the new Meru.pm you pointed me to

Derek

*From: *"packetfence-users" <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
*To: *"packetfence-users" <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
*Cc: *"Durand fabrice" <fdur...@inverse.ca>
*Sent: *Friday, 16 February, 2018 03:02:55
*Subject: *Re: [PacketFence-users] Meru 3200 & packetfence 7.4 ssh & telnet not working

Hello Derek,

it looks that the per library has been updated and is not still compatible with the packetfence code.

You can try to use the Transport and personality parameter when it use Net::Appliance::Session there https://github.com/inverse-inc/packetfence/blob/devel/lib/pf/Switch/Meru.pm#L158 .

http://search.cpan.org/~oliver/Net-Appliance-Session-4.300001/lib/Net/Appliance/Session.pm

Regards
Fabrice

Le 2018-02-13 à 14:34, Derek Brabrook via PacketFence-users a écrit :

    We run a Meru 3200 controller (software Version 5.1-75), I have
    Packetfence (7.4) running from
    an ESXi VM on a trunked connection on a Debian Jessie flavour of
    linux and everything seems to be working.

    except for de-association via telnet or ssh on the Meru, every
    time it attempts to de-associate via telnet or ssh
    it throws this in

    /usr/local/pf/logs/packetfence.log

    Feb 10 17:15:58 packet pfqueue: pfqueue(14065) INFO:
    [mac:d0:df:9a:66:af:d4] [d0:df:9a:66:af:d4] DesAssociating mac on
    switch (10.11.60.2) (pf::api::desAssociate)
    Feb 10 17:15:58 packet pfqueue: pfqueue(14065) ERROR:
    [mac:d0:df:9a:66:af:d4] Unable to connect to 10.11.60.2 using SSH.
    Failed with Missing required arguments: personality, transport at
    (eval 1979) line 75.
    (pf::Switch::Meru::deauthenticateMacDefault)

    or

    Feb 8 16:11:12 packet pfqueue: pfqueue(7868) ERROR:
    [mac:d0:df:9a:66:af:d4] Unable to connect to 10.11.60.2 using Telnet.
    Failed with Missing required arguments: personality, transport at
    (eval 2035) line 75.

    I've tried all combinations in the Switches settings from SNMP to
    Telnet and SSH ....I've even logged into the packetfence server
    su'd to the packetfence user and initiated an SSH connection to
    the Meru to accept the keys, but always the same error in
    packetfence.log

    functionally it works if you connect to the wifi then register on
    the portal, then turn off your wifi, turn back on and connect to
    the same SSID
    it puts you in the right VLAN and everything works as it should,
    it just won't de-associate on the Meru with ssh or telnet.....

    I'm aware of the PMK caching issues, our version allows you to
    turn off PMK caching, and I'm aware that Meru doesn't pass the
    SSID with the radius
    request on an open wifi and only supports CLI de-association via
    telnet or SSH, but I've run out of steam on this one I cannot see
    how I can get it to de-associate
    if it won't connect to the Meru CLI.

    the user I've created on the Meru has level 15 access so it
    doesn't need elevated privs on the meru but it never gets that far

    switches.conf

    [10.11.60.2]
    registrationVlan=10
    defaultVlan=40
    isolationVlan=20
    description=Meru
    radiusSecret=redacted
    deauthMethod=Telnet
    cliUser=pf
    cliPwd=redacted
    cliEnablePwd=redacted
    guestVlan=248
    VoIPLLDPDetect=N
    controllerIp=10.11.60.2
    cliAccess=Y
    VoIPCDPDetect=N
    ExternalPortalEnforcement=Y
    VoIPDHCPDetect=N
    macDetectionVlan=232
    type=Meru::MC

    Am I missing something glaringly obvious here ? Any help appreciated

    Regards

    Derek

Derek Brabrook
Technegydd TG | IT Technician
01267 245326
Ysgol Uwchradd Y Frenhines Elisabeth | Queen Elizabeth High School
Heol Llansteffan, Tre Ioan, Caerfyrddin, SA31 3NL | Llanstephan Road, Johnstown,
Carmarthen, SA31 3NL