Further to my last post,

A big thanks to William McLeod;  His response instantly fixed our issue
with Android 7.x clients.

The fix is simple to implement directly through the GUI.

It sounds like a small tweak to packetfence might be prudent, as I am sure
Android 7 is well within the scope of a large number of end users.

cheers,
Ian