Hello,

So, I'm having some trouble setting up an LDAP authentication source in
PacketFence version 6.0.1.

It tests successfully, and doing an ldapsearch test comes back without
issue.  In fact, from the registration VLAN, through the PacketFence
Captive Portal it works!

However, with the username and password, it's not connecting to our 802.1X
(WPA2-Enterprise) wireless network.  It comes back saying that the
username/password is invalid.  We've been using a separate RADIUS database
for user management, but actually using LDAP is of course a much better
option.  I've tried looking at the logs, but I'm not readily finding
anything.

Why would it work in the captive portal, but not from an 802.1X handshake?

I will note that I'm using SSL over port 636, and a self-signed certificate
in these tests if that makes a difference.

Thanks for helping point me in the right direction!

Joshua Nathan
*IT Supervisor*
Black Forest Academy

p: +49 (0) 7626 9161 630 m: +49 (0) 152 3452 0056
a:
w: Hammersteiner Straße 50, 79400 Kandern
bfacademy.de