Hello Wifi,

Le 18-12-03 à 09 h 18, Wifi Guy via PacketFence-users a écrit :
Hi All,

I seem to now have this working to a degree.....

I have two authentication sources setup. One for servicePrincipalName and one for sAMAccountName. So if a windows machine is booted up, pre any login/sign in, machine auth is completed and a role is assigned. When the device logs in, another role is set for user auth.

The issue I have with this is that both corp users and BYOD users can have the TLS certs and gain the same access to the network access. I cant figure a way to separate this? If corp owned devices had a TLS cert vs a BYOD device doing MSCHAPv2, could we filter this way? Its not ideal, would prefer all to be TLS. Could also setup another CA for BYOD, this is a management overhead! :)

You can create a connection profile and define the sub connection type as filter and choose the sources you want to use.

So TLS connection profile is for corporate and mschapv2 is for BYOD and the rules in the authentications sources are not the same.

What would work is for example if you where able to chain the computer/user auth so if a device was seen to do both then a role (Corp-Trusted) is set, however if the device went straight to user auth then a role (BYOD-Trusted) is set. Its not truly chained as it two separate authentications, but you get the idea. Currently I cant see any options in authentication rules that would enable this. The filters are only for matches "all" or "any" there isnt an "and" "or" option.
If the device already did a machine auth then the machine_account will be filled (https://github.com/inverse-inc/packetfence/blob/devel/conf/vlan_filters.conf.example#L258) so you can play with that to detect corporate machine versus byod.

Im sure im not the first to ask this :)