Hello Kalcho,

first take a look in the radius audit log and see what is the radius request sent by the WLC.

Also mac filtering is mandatory to do mac auth on an openssid.

So enable it and go back in the radius audit log to see the radius request and what packetfence answered.

Le 18-12-21 à 12 h 19, Kalcho via PacketFence-users a écrit :
Hello all,

I am using Cisco WLC 2500 as the authenticator with Packetfence 8.1 for the
WiFi. The WiFi profile is configured to be Open, with Radius and AAA Override
settings. I intend to use it for MAC Authentication to bring a Captive Portal
for registration. All that I have configured, but I have problem with hitting
the right profile. If I configure this - call it boyd_profile with Connection
Type Wireless-802.1-NoEAP, this profile wont be matched, instead default
profile is matched. If I changed Connection Type Wireless-802.1-EAP the other
profile that has also the same connection type is matched because it has higher
priority. But if I set this profile with higher priority it will be matched. My
question is why it is matched, despite I am using MAC Authentication (Captive
Portal) and not EAP? Why it is not matched when using Wireless-802.1-NoEAP?

Also all Packetfence guides for this open network setup instruct to mark "Mac
Filtering", but when using this I am not even able to connect to that SSID. I guess
this is because the host MAC needs to be entered before in MAC Filtering table. Is this
intended to work like this or I am missing some point here? Is it meant to work by first
adding the MAC of the host wishing to connect and then after it is added to the MAC
filtering table he will connect and hit the Captive Portal, where he can authenticate
using RADIUS, eg EAP-PEAP and after that provisioning agent can provide it configuration
profile?

Fabrice Durand
fdur...@inverse.ca ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x135) ::  www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence