From: Chadwick Boseman via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 9:27 PM
To: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Chadwick Boseman <zairyfaj...@gmail.com>
Subject: [PacketFence-users] Active Directory Authentication Source

Hi, I am new to Packetfence or even NAC, and now I am trying to deploy
Packetfence for a PoC need..

So I have followed steps from the documentation here :
https://packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Installation_Guide.html#_going_through_the_configurator

And I have reached the part

5.2. Connecting PacketFence to Microsoft Active Directory
<https://packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Installation_Guide.html#_connecting_packetfence_to_microsoft_active_directory>

and I am concerned about the authentication source using AD part. Since the
documentation doesn't show any detailed or example configuration, I did some
research on someone else's deployment on YouTube, and it is said that to add
the AD as an authentication source, we need the AD path of a user with domain
admin rights for the "Bind DN" field, and also  to join the domain and test the
authentication source (the username and password of the AD Admin)

My question is, can I use another user's username and password to join domain?,
and can I use the path of normal user (not AD Admin) for the Bind DN?

Because I am afraid that if I use the AD admin account and I make some mistake
on my PF, it would affect the AD configuration :(  (I know next to nothing
about AD too..sorry)

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me an answer/explanation about it

Thanks in advance..