From: Nicolas Quiniou-Briand via PacketFence-users
[mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: 22 July 2019 12:30
To: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Nicolas Quiniou-Briand <n...@inverse.ca>
Subject: Re: [PacketFence-users] EAP-MD5 & Active Directory?

Hello John

On 2019-07-22 11:34 a.m., John Sayce via PacketFence-users wrote:
> Mon Jul 22 10:13:31 2019 : Auth: (13018) Login incorrect (eap_md5:
> Cleartext-Password is required for EAP-MD5 authentication):
> [asd\switch1] (from client 10.8.4.2 port 31 cli 54:80:28:9c:50:50)

Try to change "Database passwords hashing method" setting to "plain" in
Configuration -> System configuration -> Main configuration -> Advanced.

As mentioned here [0], EAP-MD5 is only compatible with clear text passwords.

[0] http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html
--
Nicolas Quiniou-Briand
n...@inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.447.4918 *140  ::  https://inverse.ca Inverse inc.