On 10/10/19 5:24 PM, pro fence via PacketFence-users wrote:
hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to use a wildcard certificate (*.mydomain.com <http://mydomain.com>) ? because as per the documentation, the CN must be the same for the certificate and in pf.conf. But you can't add a wildcard hostname in pf.conf.

In the past we have been using a wildcard certificate, just like a regular cerificate. Nowadays in the Lets-Encrypt-era, we no longer use them. But they should work, yes.

We never had to add a wildcard hostname in pf.conf. Just configure apache2 to use the wildcard certificate, that was all.

MJ