it's based on the dns so i believe when the ttl of the dns answer will expire then it will maybe try another ip.

Btw i recommend to define all the ip addresses of the ldap servers in the authentication source and to enable the shuffle option.

I saw so many time a miss-configuration in the dns where there is an ip address who is not reachable by the packetfence server and it cause random issues.

Le 20-07-24 à 15 h 47, Christian McDonald via PacketFence-users a écrit :
When configuring an AD/LDAP authentication source with a single LDAP hostname (i.e. ad.mydomain.com <http://ad.mydomain.com>), will PacketFence round-robin the A records or should I explicitly declare multiple LDAP hosts.