Hi Aimen,

On 17/08/2020 18:37, Aimen Asfour via PacketFence-users wrote:
Hello,

I began testing packetfence recently using captive portal via Ethernet-NoEAP and RADIUS authentication and I was wondering if it’s possible to unregister a user as soon as they are physically disconnected from the network (shutdown switchport or unplug ethernet cable)

Sincerely,

*Aimen,*

It possible using unreg_on_accounting stop but you need:
- to use 802.1X (not Ethernet-NoEAP)
- to have a switch that send accounting stop message

Also, you can take a look at the Network logoff page that allow a user to disconnect himself.

To conclude, keep in mind that when a device is registered, PacketFence will automatically deregistrer the device (from its current network device) when unregistration date is reached.
--
Nicolas Quiniou-Briand
n...@inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.447.4918 *140  ::  https://inverse.ca