Hello,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of PacketFence 10.2 on CentOS 7 within a
virtual machine.  I installed and updated CentOS 7.  I did install it with
the Gnome Desktop since I do prefer to have a graphical interface. I
disabled the firewall, disabled SELinux, and even disabled NetworkManager.
Got the network interfaces how I wanted them, and then started running the
PacketFence install.  However, after running the yum command to install
PacketFence, Gnome crashed and now doesn't work.  I tried getting that
working unsuccessfully for a bit, but now I've realized that at least after
the subsequent reboots, the PF Configurator doesn't seem to be running (I
can't say for sure it ever did since I hadn't tried until after my failed
attempts at recovering Gnome).  I tried using pfcmd to start the "pf"
service in hopes that it would bring up the configurator since nothing's
been configured yet, but that didn't work.

Is there an easy command to start the configurator, or what log file(s)
should I be looking at?

Thanks for any guidance!

Joshua Nathan
*IT Supervisor*
Black Forest Academy

p: +49 (0) 7626 9161 631 m: +49 (0) 152 3452 0056
a:
w: Hammersteiner Straße 50, 79400 Kandern
bfacademy.de