Hi Everyone,

Im trying to achieve the following:

On the captive portal, I'd have an admin user login and then select a Role
and access duration for a particular device.

I got it working but I think im relying on a bit of a bug for it to work.

The following is my relevant config:

[Select-Role]
actions=
template=select-role.html
admin_role=IT
type=SelectRole
list_role= <<EOT
ALUMNOS
ADMINISTRATIVOS
INVITADOS
PROFESORES
REJECT
EOT
description=Seleccionar Rol

[Role-and-duration]
modules=default_login_policy,duration-choice,Select-Role
actions=
type=Chained
description=Selecionar Rol y duracion

[duration-choice]
modules=one-day,one-week,one-year
actions=
template=content-with-choice.html
show_first_module_on_default=disabled
type=Choice
description=Access duration

[one-day]
actions=set_access_duration(1DF+0D),set_role_on_not_found(INVITADOS)
stone_roles=
type=FixedRole
description=One Day Access

[one-week]
actions=set_access_duration(1WR+0W),set_role_on_not_found(INVITADOS)
stone_roles=
type=FixedRole
description=One Week Access

[one-year]
actions=set_access_duration(1Y+0Y),set_role_on_not_found(INVITADOS)
stone_roles=
type=FixedRole
description=One Year Access

I configured this using the GUI initially I was using the "set_role"
configured from the GUI. But there is a bug in the GUI where the ID and not
the name is being set (so it was configuring something like "set_role(43)" )
(see bug https://github.com/inverse-inc/packetfence/issues/5133)

But If I was using the "set_role" option it would automatically assign the
duration and selected role (INVITADOS) and never move onto the
"Select-Role" step. the node would always be registered as "Invitados" with
the chosen duration.

By changing the "set_role" action of the "one-week" / "one-day" /
"one-year" choices to "set_role_on_not_found" I got it working... but I
think im just being lucky / hitting some bug / something that is letting me
connect but it wasnt really the indended functionality.

Basically, is there any "approved" way of ONLY setting the
unregistration_date  / access duation and obtaining the role from another
step?

Thanks in advance!
Diego