Good Afternoon:

I've done this several times now, and I can't seem to move beyond installing
the OVF into our VMWare environment  for PacketFence 11.x.  I go through the
initial install, connect to Active Directory (which I can't make happen if I
install using the ISO).  And everything seems great.

But in the directions, in step 5.2 Connecting PacketFence to Miscrosoft Active
Directory, there is a line that says:
"Make sure the information you provided are valid. Click on the Test button to
validate the provided information. If you see the message 'Success! LDAP
connect, bind and search successful' - you have properly configured your
Microsoft Active Directory authentication source. Save your new authentication
source by clicking on the Save button."

And in no place do I find that there is Test button.

So I've tried testing outside of PacketFence using ntlm_auth, and I've tried to
test using radtest as well as wbinfo.  And I get errors on all of those.  I
have found that winbind isn't loaded by default.  I'm not sure if this is
intentional or not, but winbind seems to be a necessary component for
packetfence to load.

I am also finding that wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g both return errors.  In the case
of wbinfo -u I get "Error looking up domain users".  And I get something
similar for wbinfo -g.

I'm not really a linux guy, and I need a little direction here as to how I can
test that the AD connection really is working.

Thanks.

********************************

David A. Shaffer
Network and Data Center Administrator
HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College

Mailing Address: One HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Email: dasha...@hacc.edu<mailto:dasha...@hacc.edu>
Telephone: 717-780-2511
Internal Extension: 212511

Website: www.hacc.edu<http://www.hacc.edu/>

*****

Our Purpose: Learning for all, learning for life

Effective May 23, 2022, HACC's campuses AND buildings will be open to all
students, employees and the general public. This information is tentative and
subject to change. Please visit
hacc.edu/Coronavirus<https://www.hacc.edu/Resources/stay-up-to-date-on-the-coronavirus.cfm>
 for more information.

subject.

This email and any files attached from HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community
College are confidential and intended solely for use by the individual or
entity to whom addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify postmas...@hacc.edu This message may contain confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
addressee do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.