No clues here?

From: Alex Rubenstein
Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2023 10:04 AM
To: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: packetfence newb here - basic setup question

So I have been setting up pf in my lab, purely in inline. It's a VM under
hyper-v, with a windows 10 vm "behind it" on an internal virtual switch

I've done the basic inline config as described in the manual, but stumbling on
what seems to be a very simple part.

eth0 -> goes to the internet and is the management interface
eth1 -> "inline layer 2" port (windows box behind here)

when I go to config eth1 and add "portal" as an additional listening daemon,
and save the config, the "portal" tag disappears. I also cannot get DHCP from
this interface on the windows box. However, if I statically set an IP on the
windows box, I can ping and get to the pf via web, but with an error "your
connection was not found in the packetfence database. Please reboot to solve
this issue"

I tcpdump for dhcp on the pf, and I see the windows box's DHCP request but the
pf never responds.

Like I said - new to this, just point me in the right direction and I'd be
appreciative!