Hi Guillaume,

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 09:39:31 +0100
Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gar...@free.fr> wrote:
:
> If you branch a project and then try a 'osc linkdiff' you get an
> error:
> diff working copy against last commited version
>
> Server returned an error: HTTP Error 400: home guillaume branches
> Multimedia/omxplayer/c17cabe6233333d842b69a1d0626edd6  not in
> repository. Either not existing or misconfigured server setting for
> '$nosharedtrees' setting in BSConfig.pm
> home:guillaume:branches:Multimedia/omxplayer/c17cabe6233333d842b69a1d0626edd6:
> not in repository. Either not existing or misconfigured server
> setting for '$nosharedtrees' setting in BSConfig.pm
>
> Not sure if that worked previously.

Me neither, but for the record, I did not change the setting of
"nosharedtrees" during the update, it is still "2":
====
# optional for non-acl systems, should be set for access control
# 0: trees are shared between projects (built-in default)
# 1: trees are not shared (only usable for new installations)
# 2: new trees are not shared, in case of a missing tree the shared
#    location is also tried (package default)
our $nosharedtrees = 2;
====
which is the obs default.
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.8/src/backend/BSConfig.pm.template

If you think, a different setting (probably "0") is a better approach,
I am happy to change this - I have actually no clue, what this
means/what this setting changes.

Greetings,

Stefan
--