Am 04.01.2022 um 15:03 schrieb Eric Schirra:
Am Dienstag, 4. Januar 2022, 13:59:10 CET schrieb Mathias Homann:
Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2021, 08:36:28 CET schrieb Mathias Homann:
I'm going to work on having my autobuild method work with the new
sources as well - might take a few days or so.
I have a working package in https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/
home:lemmy04:branches:Multimedia/youtube-dl, the automated building similar
to what is happening with Multimedia/youtube-dl works.

I think we should switch - the original youtube-dl seems to be abandoned...
Think not.

http://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/

You're actually proving *my* point here: the original youtube-dl has seen *three* commits since the middle of the summer, and two of them were documentation. The fork yt-dlp has seen 29 commits only in the last three days, and two actual releases since the middle of december - looks much more active to me, especially when you remember how active the original youtube-dl used to be, with sometimes more than one release per day.

Cheers

MH

--

Mathias Homann