On 14.10.23 13:50, Eric Schirra wrote:
Do you know %{?sle15_python_module_pythons}?
With this you can build python311 packages for Leap.
I myself have in my Homerepo now about 800 package in 311 for Leap. Why this
is not done centrally is not clear to me. Everyone must do this for
themselves. In my opinion a complete nonsense. But well, maybe I do not
understand the reason.
But couldn't it be done that way in Packman?

would you provide the build power to do that? We're already struggling with people building stuff like kodi in their $HOME and not cleaning up the old, probably unused branches / test projects. I see that very clearly as I'm the provider of ~80% of the ARM build power available to OBS ;-) Let's see if this improves once newer, more powerful ARM boards are available, then I might upgrade the workers.

Then you could also offer a working kodi with 311.
So kodi is more or less broken under Leap.

Only the amazon plugin AFAICT, which packman does not even provide. You could as well fix the amazon plugin to also work with python 3.6.

The other solution, if kodi really needs python > 3.6 would be to disable building it for anything older than Tumbleweed.
--
Stefan Seyfried