On 02/23/2018 05:42 AM, Niklas Holm wrote:
> Message string containing for example windows paths would have
> unexpected behaviour. For example the message "Check C:\foo\bar" would
> be printed as "Check C:<newline>  oar".

I think you're missing the purpose of these functions. They are wrappers
for printf, so that you can use them the same way you would use printf.

That means that Windows paths and other things containing escape codes
are meant to be interjected into msg the same way you would interject
them into printf...

msg "Check %s" "C:\foo\bar"

This is working *exactly* as intended. You patch breaks that, because
now we cannot provide gettext'ized $mesg arguments that contain %s
format strings.

Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User