Silly mistakes aside.

> These are not variables being overridden...   pkgname_i686 is just not a
> thing as far as makepkg is concerned.

The point of this is specifically disallow things like 'pkgname_i686'
rather than just ignore them.

> Also, this is nothing to do with
> overriding in a package function.  Get rid of this section.

This section disallows overriding foo_arch, without it they are not
checked. The bellow section lints the non architecture specific
variables.

If there is a better way to do it or you think it would be a good idea
moving this to a separate loop/file I would be glad to get your
feedback. But just removing this section does stop the foo_arch
linting.