While I'm not doing a lot of Perl at the moment, I use Padre at work for
working with a ton of Makefiles and sometimes for R code.

My initial plans are to get very basic language support working for both of
them.

Having just started playing around with it though, it would appear we have
a bigger problem.

With all current modules, there's a number of glaring visual glitches in
Padre. I suspect much of this is due to Wx.pm making the move to wxWidgets
3.0.

For example, the initial layout of the several dialogs is badly broken
until you do a resize at the moment.

Also, a number of Scintilla styles seem to result in pure-black making it
impossible to see variables embedded in strings, or the INDIC_ROUNDBOX from
smart search when you double click on something.

So it looks like my plan is also to help (as much as I can without delving
into Wx::Scintilla or other C code) to bring Padre up to date with
wxWidgets 3.

I suspect that this is probably a good plan for Padre generally, to get us
over the 3.0 hurdle and functional again.

Adam