Sorry for the delayed answer.

We used to have instructions in our Trac base wiki. I've moved most of it
to the web site already, but some of those documents are still based on the
assumption
that we have a  Subversion repository and I am sure the formatting is also
not very good. In any case you can read the pages here:

http://padre.perlide.org/release.html
http://padre.perlide.org/trac/wiki/PreReleaseChecklist  (which is
apparently still in the Trac)
And the list of all the wiki pages is here:
http://padre.perlide.org/wiki.html

If you have time to update the content of the web pages and move some of
the wiki pages to the web, the source of the web pages is in this
repository:
https://github.com/PadreIDE/template.padre.perlide.org

If you move forward and have specific questions, just post them here.
Someone hopefully will know the answer.

regards
  Gabor