Hello,

I am trying to save scanned data to a temporay file and I am having a problem.
The application is for the Symbol SPT 1500 rom version 3.0.   At the begining 
of the application, I have to check to see if this temp file exist.  If it 
does, I need to get a count on the number of records to display value on a 
form.  My problem is that after  I do FileRead () through the file to get the 
record number and afterward I try to write to it using FileWrite(),  I get 
this error "DataMgr.c line:4414, Err getting rec."   If I don't do the 
FileRead(), it writes fine. 
I get the error message when i open the file in "fileModeUpdate" mode.
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong here.  
my code is as follow:

#define RECORDSIZE 24;

Word bufferFileExist()
{ 
  Err err=0;
  char Temp[30];
  bufferHandle = FileOpen(0,tmpBufferFile,'ABcd',appCreatorType, 
fileModeAppend, &err); 
  ErrNonFatalDisplayIf(err, "Can't open buffer file");
  if(bufferHandle)
  {
    do
    { 
      FileRead(bufferHandle, Temp, RECORDSIZE, 1, &err);
      if(FileEOF(bufferHandle)) continue;
      gCounter++;  
    }while( !FileEOF(bufferHandle));
    FileClearerr(bufferHandle);
   }
  
 return 1;   
 } 
 
 
 void putSkuInBufferFile(Char * aString)
{
  Err err = 0;
  char smTemp[30];
  
  StrCopy(smTemp,"000"); StrCat(smTemp,","); StrCat(smTemp,aString);          
     StrCat(smTemp,",");             //store and sku
  StrCat(smTemp,"0001"); //quantity
  StrCat(smTemp,",");     
  StrCat(smTemp,aTranRec.locationID); StrCat(smTemp,"|");   
//aTranRec.locationID is 3 char                        s in length.
            
  FileWrite(bufferHandle, smTemp, RECORDSIZE, 1, &err);
      
  
  gCounter++;   //continue;Counter++;
 
}   

thanks,
Dan D.

-- 
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see 
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html

Reply via email to