I think this is because the breakpoints are set based upon line numbers and
you have added code since setting the break point that has moved the line
the breakpoint is on to a line that is not executable code.  This can happen
due to optimizations as well, I guess.

Kevin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Patrick Heynen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 12:49 AM
> To: Palm Developer Forum
> Subject: RE: dimmed breakpoints
> 
> 
> I don't know if it's the problem you metioned, but I had an similar
> problem, don't try to set a breakpoint but it wouldn't stop. I have
> found out that breakpoint aren't always accepted. Hell I 
> don't know why.
> But start buidling the project first. You get the debugger 
> screen. With
> the play and stop button. Try to set the breakpoint here. You can only
> make a breakpoint when there is a line at the left of the screen.
> 
> PPH 
> 
> >>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/23/00 08:35PM >>>
> In your project settings, check the optimizations settings.  For
> debugging,
> it should be none, or very low.  If the optimizations are turned on,
> CW
> cannot stop on those lines that do not have a "-" in the left column.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Steve
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Luca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 
> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 2:25 PM
> To: Palm Developer Forum
> Subject: CW: dimmed breakpoints
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to set breakpoints while debugging (using CodeWarrior), but
> the
> breakpoints show up dimmed both in the breakpoints window and my
> source
> code.  Further, they don't stop the program while I'm trying to debug.
> Has anyone seen this?  Can anyone suggenst a solution?
> 
> TIA
> Luca
> 
> 
> -- 
> For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
> please see http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html 
> 
> -- 
> For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
> please see http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html 
> 
> 
> -- 
> For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to 
> unsubscribe, please see http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html
> 

-- 
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see 
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html

Reply via email to