David,
> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Fedor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> What
> do other people think about this idea of having a few
> developer-written
> (and perhaps presented or discussed) papers at PalmSource?
>
> And what sorts of topics would interest you?
I think that a paper listing the most common cosmetic and UI consistency
problems that program have. I have compiled a list over time of things that
I don't like to see in programs (I've been meaning to put it on my web
page). Simple things such as not using a modal dialog box when it should,
not having a small icon, using "/R" for preferences shortcuts, those two
pixels at the bottom left and right of the screen if the programmer attempts
to hide thick border of the modal dialog, etc. (I'm a frustrated
perfectionist, can you tell?) Some programs that I seem out there have such
a non-professional look which could be fixed by 30 minutes of tweaking the
interface (buttons too small or too big). If a program looks good and is
consistent with other Palm apps, then it makes the whole Palm experience
better.
I feel better now.
Mike McCollister
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/