//Hello all, my second posting here.
//I have an application that gets the LAC and CellID directly from the radio
via a serial connection and with the appropriate AT command.
//The problem is the serial port is blocked if GPRS is up. Currently, I managed
to detect if data is connected and shut it down before opening the serial port.
With this scheme, everything works as expected.
//But I'd like to make the whole thing faster, as shutting down the interface
(and restarting it) takes a considerable amount of time (upto 5 seconds each).
The delay also prevents me from getting the LAC and CellID as frequently as I
would like to in my utility.
//(i.e., The actual query and response on the serial interface is quiet fast,
but shutting down GPRS is time-consuming)
//Any help with this? e.g...
//- Is there any way of "suspending" the GPRS session and releasing the Serial
port?
//- Is there an alternate serial port that can be opened? Palm SDK
documentation mentions two other, but I cannot access them.
//- Or maybe I can get the LAC and CellID from some memory location (I've
scanned the entire saved and unsaved preferences, but there appear to be no
trace of it anywhere, but my guess is it must be stored somewhere).
//- Is this information stored in the SIM card? The SAT documentation is not
helpful in this. Or maybe SAT is not meant for this.
//Thanks, I've gained immensely from perusing these forums.

Hi,

Actually I don't know the answer of your questions but do you mind helping me
to use your solution too? I'm in need of lac and cellID but seems reading them
from feature memory some times work some time don't work without any clear
reason.

I used this piece of code for get those values from feature memory.
You can find it here
http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29294

Thanks.