On Dec 16, 2007 9:50 PM, Luc Le Blanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Testing my app on a Zire 22, sometimes, when I launch a long process that
> involves allocating large arrays, the screen suddenly turns like plaid. I
> recall such a bug with OS 3.5 on a IIIxe, but wasn't this solved a long time
> ago?

The IIIxe suffered from a bug on the Dragonball processor with screen
memory that crossed the 4MB boundary, IIRC.  Since the z22 uses a
Samsung ARM processor with a totally different display mechanism, I'm
sure your hitting a different problem.

I could see this either being a write beyond the the of an array into
video memory (your bug) or a problem where the refresh logic in the OS
doesn't get to execute often enough (device problem).  Device problems
won't get fixed.