Hi there,

I would like to create an editable list view on the palm and would like to
hear some opinions about how to implement it best.

The view will be similar to this:

Level 1 Text
    - level 2
    - level 2
        - level 3
    - level 2

Level 1 Text
    - level 2
    - level 2 ...
      wordrap
        - level 3 text
            -level 4 text

Level 1 Text

Each level contains some text which might have to wrap to the next line if
it is getting too long.

The app needs to be able to change the text and also scroll up and down in
the tree list view quickly

So I see 2 possible solutions:
1)
- Let every item be dynamic fields. I am wondering about which  problems I
need to be aware of :
Are there any issues with removing fields, resizing fields, fields that are
half visible because the user scrolled down, up?
- Will it be slow because e.g. I type in one field and need to wrap to the
next line and therefor have to shift all fields down?
- Slow when I scroll one line up or down?

2) I draw everything with WinDrawChar(). When a user taps on a tree view
item my application overlays one text field on top of the drawn item. Maybe
that can be made that nicely so the user almost don't realize the difference
of 2 and 3. I assume this would be faster for scrolling since I can bitblit
and do not have to move fields

Any thoughts, ideas welcome !!

Thanks,

Sebastian