FrmHideObject() sets the usable attribute false, so it won't redraw.  I then
tried FrmHideObject(), FrmShowObject() and CtlDrawControl(), but (surprising
to me) this caused the entire form to be repainted (i.e., I only did this
for one control on the form as a test, but the entire form was updated and
blinked).

Thanks for the try.

Steve

> I have a "progress" form that is updated every few seconds.  I do this by
> changing the contents of a few controls (labels).  I currently force the
> controls to be redrawn using FrmDrawForm().  However, this causes the
entire
> form to blink each time.
>
> I tried calling CtlDrawControl(), but the controls weren't updated.  I do
> not handle the event frmUpdateEvent.
>
> Anyone know how I can cause the label controls to be updated without
drawing
> the entire form?

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]