Does anyone know why some programs use an external floating point library
(mathlib.prc) when the PalmOS 2.0 an up supports up to 64 bit floating point
arithmetic directly??  Is there some problem with the Palm floating point
functions?

Also, the PalmOS Programmers Companion says that you can just use standard
mathematical symbols for all this... Does this mean that this would work
fine:

#include "NewFloatMgr.h" // Note: I'm using SDK3.0

FlpDouble a,b,c;

a=2.0;
b=3.0;
c=b*a;

So would this work correctly?? I always thought that C required floating
point numbers to be calculated using functions?

Also, where can I find out about the precision of these Double Floats (i.e.
the biggest number they can handle, etc?) The Palm manuals make no mention
of this.  (I guess they're presuming that we're all die-hard C guru's who
know it off the top of our heads..?)

Regards,

Alan Ingleby