"Carl Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, but I do know the
> fundamentals of the PalmOS. Maybe I wasn't clear, but my situation is that
> if I am creating an unknown about of databases how would one go about
> creating the name (nameP) of the database and reference this name across
> mutiple c files. Such as DBName1, DBName2 and etc. Could one keep the
> database names in an array and reference them across other c files by
> calling something like DBName[1]? But then how would one make them extern to
> other files?

There are lots of ways to approach this.

1. Keep the database names in a global array, linked list, etc. See any
   C programming reference for how to declare global variables that are
   accessible between compilation units.

2. Store the database names in the preferences database and access them
   with the Pref* functions.

3. Store the database names using the feature manager and access them
   with the Ftr* functions.

4. Create the databases with different data types, then search or open
   them using DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator() or
   DmOpenDatabaseByTypeCreator().

--
Dave Carrigan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])            | Yow! NEWARK has been REZONED!!
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | DES MOINES has been REZONED!!