Well 14 tables raises a new concern. You can only have 16 categories in a
Palm database. If you were to add a couple more tables to your already
extensive database you'll be out of luck.

Having multiple handles open at the same time is not an issue in itself.
It's not like an Oracle or Sybase database where you have to be concerned
about a limited resource such as database connections. The only issue with
that is managing 14 DmOpenRefs instead of just one.

One other reason to use separate Palm databases for each table is that it's
more maintainable. For instance: Palm databases have a version attribute. If
you update your application and update one of your tables you can simply
increment that version attribute of the Palm database in new releases. You
can easily detect when a user has an old version of that table and upgrade
or delete it. If all your tables are in one Palm database, however, you only
have one version for all your database tables.

        -Bob Whiteman