I'm running a test on a module that spits out serial data - 3 messages - once
every second. I'm using a Palm (a Vx and a IIIc) to monitor these messages and
report if and when 1.5 seconds or more elapses between message transmissions. I
left the system running continuously over the weekend, starting on Friday
afternoon, with the error count reading 0. On Monday morning, the error count
was 3, Tuesday morning it was 4, and Wednesday morning it was 5. Wednesday, I
added a time stamp to the Palm display to discover when the time gap was
occurring, and restarted the system with an error count of 0. Thursday morning,
the error count was 1, with a time stamp of 0:00:03 (3 seconds past midnight).
The question: does Palm OS do some kind of memory garbage cleaning scheduled at
midnight that could take several seconds?

Dave Heil
Preco Electronics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
208-322-4288