>I don't believe there is currently any way to detect the presence of the
>Palm Portable Keyboard. I'm not sure about other devices.

Trevor, I read in a FAQ about the PPK on palm.com that their driver
"Keyboard.prc" is checking for the precense of the PPK every 3 minutes. So
obviously it can be done somehow. The questions is just how they do it? I
have asked Palm Computing how,  but have not gotten any answers yet. Maybe
they are all on vacation,  or maybe they just dont want to share this
information ?