> 1) What are the DateFormatType types, ie what values can I enter here?
All of the date and time structure formats are in datetime.h

> 2) Also what will be the size of pString?
How ever may bytes you allocated. I would suggest using the Date Time
constants in datetime.h

> I beleive that this is referenced in DateTime.h but I cannot find
> DateTime.h.
Look in the support/Incs directory where the PalmOS API is installed

> Note that the arguments to this function is Byte months, Byte Days,...
> If I use the function
>     NoOfSeconds TimGetSecondsI(void)
> to get the seconds and then Use the function
>     DateSecondsToDate(NoOfSeconds, DatePtr dateP)
> the date is stored in the dateP structure.
> Note that the variables for the dateP structure are Word year, Word month,
> Word day. These are variables of size Word, while the arguments for Date
> Aschii is of size Byte.
> In other words I cannot use
> TimGetSeconds
> DateSecondsToDate
> DateToAscii to give me the date becuase variables of dateP do not match
the
> arguments DateToAscii.
Yes you can.  It works.

> Also please not that there is no corresponding function TimSecondsToTime
> get the time.
Try TimSecondsToDateTime

> If I use the function TimSecondsToDateTime because of missmatch of
variables
> and arguments as described above.
It works

> 3)How can I get the current time
TimGetSeconds()

> 4)How can I convert it to Ascii?
DateTimeType Now;
char TimeString[timeStringLength+1];
char DateString[dateStringLength+1];
SystemPReferecnesType SystemPrefs;

PrefGetPreferences(&SystemPrefs);
TimSecondsToDateTime(TimGetSeconds(),&Now);
TimeToAscii(Now.hour,Now.minute,SystemPrefs.timeFormat,TimeString);
DateToAscii(Now.month,Now.day,Now.year,SystemPRefs.dateFormat,DateString);

Viola!