"Luc Le Blanc" <> wrote in message news:188...@palm-dev-forum...
> Checking the Aceeca website, I see the MEZ1500 (499$) and the MZIO-less
> RDA1500 (399$) are displayed, but no PDA32.
>
> Mentionned operating systems for these upcoming devices (shipping date
> TBA) are WinCE 5.x / WinCE 6.x and Linux, but no Palm OS.
>
> The Aceeca website lacks much details (in both text and photos) for its
> devices. I gather the Bluetooth option must sit inside since the RDA1500
> doesn't have a MZIO slot. What are those side buttons? Is the battery
> swappable (it doesn't say)? Can a MZIO GPS be purchased? (news release say
> so, but I can't find this item among accessories.)
>
> Perusing the forums (no message more recent than August 2009), I read
> about the MEZ2000 as if it were old news, yet I don't find it anywhere.
> Same dimensions and weight as the MEZ1500, but with a VGA screen according
> to Tam's blog. Does it exist?
>
> Regards,
>

> Luc Le Blanc
> http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga

Hi Luc,

Aceeca still hasn't updated that product page on their website to reflect
the new/changed devices.  That same page has been there for about 2 years.
None of the up to date info about the MEZ1500 running GarnetOS is there,
nothing about the PDA32, etc.  I'm told they're working on a news release
and will update the website then.

The MEZ2000 was abandoned before release, maybe about 1.5 years ago.

Swappable battery: Yes for the MEZ1500, No for the PDA32.

Side buttons: just a pair of user-programmable side buttons, great for
triggering a barcode scan, for example.

GPS module: I know there is/was one for the MEZ1000 from a third party, not
sure about use in the MEZ1500.

Meanwhile, tick tock tick tock...

--
David Thacker