"Greg Greaves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Does anyone have sample code for beaming an application along
> with it's associated databases in one transaction using exchange
> manager.  It shouldn't prompt the user on the other end whether or
> not they want to accept each database, just once for the whole ball
> of wax.

When the receiving Palm OS device receives a beamed .prc or .pdb, the
Launcher accepts it. The Launcher only expects to receive a single database.
If you send more than one database in a single transaction, they'll get
concatenated in a weird way: the last record/resource in the first database
will include all of the remaining databases.

You could send the databases in your own custom format and have your
application receive it. The format could be something like this: # of
databases, sizes of databases, contents of databases. Of course, this will
only work if your application is already on the receiving device.

Another approach would be to beam all the databases as a single
self-expanding archive. It wouldn't have to be compressed. I haven't tried
this, but I think it's a neat idea. :)
--
Danny Epstein
OS Engineer, Palm Inc.