> I suspect that since these messages are going through a mail/news
> gateway (Lyris), they may be getting reduced to the lowest common
> denominator between the two varieties of headers.  Threading through
> the newsgroup interface is broken too.

        Adding the In-Reply-To header while gating it to news will do
nothing to the functionality of the newsgroups, however, as we've all
seen, *REMOVING IT* has some very serious effects. It nearly makes reading
messages here useless. With hundreds of messages a day, lack of threading
is very difficult to deal with.

        Can someone address this? You could easily use 'formail' to stitch
a header back in. Actually, you could write up a quick heuristic based on
the rec'v time and subject to get a very basic threading model (a more
useful one than what we have, which is none) working.

        Someone? Anyone?