"Nesse, Rustin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> >"Nesse, Rustin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Shoot, Mark found it in the header right when I sent that out.
> >Ignore...
> >> (Wish I were able to run Linux, too...darn corporate MS
> >workstations)
> >
> >- Cygwin has most Linux'ish stuff for the cmd-line.
> >(GNU user tools IIRC).
> >
> >- Or install Linux in a VMWare virtual machine.
> >
> >- On NT "findstr" is very similar to "grep".
>
> Yeah, I get to use Cygwin at home with GCC.  I'm kind of stuck
without
> it here, though.  (Admin issues)

_If_ your admins force you to use NT (and you can't
install anything on these boxes) "findstr.exe" is part
of any standard NT (I assume w2k as well) box.
It behaves like a standard "grep" except that it is
capable of recursing sub-dirs.

BTW:
just place an order for MKS (Mortice Korn Shell).
Stuff that costs money is never ever considered
to be bad (tm), evil or dangerous by admins :-)
--
bye
    ranf