I finally found the problem.  In PalmMain, my sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify was
creating a database and NOT creating the AppInfo correctly.  It didn't
appear in the emulator because the app loaded automatically (without the
HotSync) and my Viewer program which examined the database never saw the
database because IT was created AFTER the sync.  I am SO happy this is a
done and fixed thing!