Unfortunately, there is no programming book that isn't loved by some in this
group and hated by others. For my part, I strongly endorse the 'Palm OS
Programming Bible' (not to be confused with the 'Palm OS Bible'). It's
reasonably current and complete, the prose is efficient, and the exposition
very thoughtful. It covers both CodeWarrior and GCC.