At 7:41 PM +0200 2002/01/29, Lubomyr Humetsky wrote:
>I am developing Application for Palm OS 3.0 with POL 3.23. I am using Palm
>OS 3.5 Exceptions project
>stationary with enabled MAINTAIN_COMPATIBILITY flag. To this moment I did
>not have any
>compilation, linking or running problems. But, when I started to use Scan
>Manager API
>(Symbol SDK)I am receiving error during linking of project, that linker can
>not find
>implementation for API functions. When I am using this API in simple Palm OS
>3.1 stationary
>project, no problems occurred. I think the problem is the Scan Manager
>Library or rather
>that this library require ONLY Palm OS 3.0.
>Can anybody help me to resolve this problem?

Sounds like C++ name mangling to me. How old is your Symbol SDK? Do you see the
following construct surrounding the Scan Manager API prototype declarations?

  #ifdef __cplusplus
  extern "C" {
  #endif

  ...prototypes...

  #ifdef __cplusplus
  }
  #endif

If not, you should. This tells the C++ compiler to keep each prototype name as-is, so
that the linker can find the implementations in the scan manager static library you
add to the project. One other possibility is that you didn't add the scan manager
static library to your project.

Regards,

Jim Schram
Palm Incorporated