"Scott Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> From: Ben Combee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > With Handspring's driver, I can USB debug to Visors.
> > I don't knowof a driver that will allow debugging to both,
> > although Palm's driver will support HotSync to the Visors.
>
> FWIW, I found the Palm and Sony USB drivers don't support each others'
> devices, but when I installed Palm (i705) Desktop on top of Sony's, both
> drivers ended up installed and then both devices can HotSync.
>
> Of course due to Windows NT's fine USB support I have to *network* HotSync
> my USB devices from a Windows 2000 laptop three feet over to my NT
> development machine, but that's another story.  :-)
>
> -slj-

I avoid the USB problems by getting serial cradles for each of my devices. I
run the latest Palm Desktop Software. I also bought a 4-way manual serial
switch from Belkin. I plug all the different cradles into the switch box and
then plug that into my computer's serial port so I can HotSync with any
cradle without having to pull out cables. Another advantage of using serial
cables is that I can use the pilot-xfer program to manually install and
retrieve databases and programs without performing a full HotSync.

Bob Whiteman
Senior Software Engineer
Pico Communications