I would like to be able to create a bitmap dynamically and then save it to a
resource database. I have something like:

------------------------------
void SaveBitmap ()
{
  BitmapType *bmpP;
  WinHandle   win;
  Err         error;
  RectangleType onScreenRect;

  // making a simple b&w (depth=1) bitmap
  bmpP = BmpCreate(10, 10, 1, NULL, &error);
  if (bmpP) {
    win = WinCreateBitmapWindow(bmpP, &error);
    if (win) {
      WinSetDrawWindow(win);
      WinDrawLine (4,4,8,8);
      WinDrawLine (0,0,9,2);
      WinDrawLine (9,0,0,9);
      WinDrawPixel (3,3);

      // is it necessary to set the bounds?
      onScreenRect.topLeft.x = 0;
      onScreenRect.topLeft.y = 0;
      onScreenRect.extent.x = 9;
      onScreenRect.extent.y = 9;
      WinSetBounds(win, &onScreenRect);

      // now what?

And a couple of questions..
(1) Do I need to even set the bounds on this?
(2) I can do a DmAttachResource ... but I need a handle to the bitmap. How
do I convert the bitmap pointer to a handle?
(3) Would it be better (or possible) to use DnNewResource to obtain a handle
and then copy the bitmap into it? (That just seems inefficient.)

Thank you for any help,
Ellen